At 12:30 PM -0700 5/24/04, Nils wrote:
I've been looking around for a pcmcia usb controller
for my WS I. Yes, there are lots, but I've yet to find
one that has a dongle or something similiar..

Reason being, I have an Orinoco wifi card installed in
the upper slot. Picture of it is at...

http://www.liwnetworking.com/images/products/orinoco-PCcard-gold.jpg

And so far I can only find usb controllers that look like..

http://macally.com/gif/products/usb/uh2226.gif

Because the wifi card already extends out the edge of the laptop,
if I attempted to plug in one of these usb cards, it physically
wouldn't fit.

Does anyone know of a card that is designed to address this problem?

I was in the same position, WS with Orinoco. I ended up buying a Skyline wireless card and an IOGear USB card. The Skyline card has an antenna that is only as thick as the rest of the card and it sits under the USB card. I preferred this over using a dongle as they are a plain nuisance. I got the Skyline card at <http://www.emicrox.com/> for $24.
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting