The battery runs for three or four hours before disappearing. It has been suggested to me that the age of the battery (three years plus a bit) may be a factor in the Low Battery message no longer appearing. It used to appear, it seems, and it is not clear why this ceased.

Susan Platter
Swindon, Wiltshire
England

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 08:35 AM, G-Books wrote:

Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:31:53 -0400 Subject: Re: Low Battery Warning on iBook From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In-Reply-To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 25/05/04 17:31, "Susan Platter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

While using my Wallstreet, I always get a low battery warning, if I
fail to notice that it is in need of charging. However, with the iBook
I am using now, I get no such warning. It is also running Jaguar, like
the Wallstreet, so is this a hardware related "feature", or is there
anything I can do to make such a warning appear? I have become so
accustomed to the Wallstreet's warning, that on more than one occasion
I have allowed the iBook to run out completely, which I understand is
not a good idea with a Lithium Ion battery.

Any suggestions, please?

I've never owned an iBook but I would think that you should get the warning,
so there is something wrong. How long do you run on the battery?

-Laurent.