Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I ran across someone wanting to sell a Snow (Dual Ethernet <g>) ABS.
>Not on eBay. They only had a partial model number, so neither one of
>us knew exactly what ABS it was. Now we're sure.
>
>They're wanting $150 for it. Is that a decent price?

If you're happy paying it, then yes. ;)

Having said that, I will also note that they're going on eBay for
$100-$125; but of course you'd probably also have to pay shipping,
insurance, etc.

>There were some issues regarding a problem with white residue
>appearing on the ABS motherboard which caused catastrophic failures.
>Can anyone add any more details about the problem and/or solution. Is
>it still a problem with those base stations?

The Graphite (first model) base stations had a defective capacitor problem.
The Snow/dual ethernet (second model) had the white residue problem, but
it's much less common that the defective capacitor problem in the Graphites.

>Are there any other problems that I should be aware of with the Snow ABS?

None that I know of.

Hope this helps,

-Jeff    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
"You can't brew a premium lager with a kool-aid mentality."  --Harold Green
in _The_Red_Green_Show_