The National Enquirer reports at 11:17 AM -0400 6/4/04,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In a message dated 6/4/2004 10:55:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >I don't want to give up my G3 wallstreet (running on OS 9.1 or 9.2.)  so I
> >need a little help. I'm moving in with my partner and he has a PC and I
> >have my Mac.  There is no DSL in the area and so we are going to go for
> >cable Modem access.  But in order to share a single modem and save $ we
> >apparently have to get a router (The cable company offers no support and
> >would rather charge us for two separate connections). Has anyone done this
> >with a PC and an aging Mac?  Is it possible?  How does one do it?  Tools?
> >Advice? Router recommendations? Help!  Please!  I don't want to cave to
> >pressure and give up my Mac.

<snip>
>Now also, since you have a laptop AND because they are cheap these days, you
>may want to opt for a router that can provide wireless access also.

I agree wholeheartedly. Unless you want either a.) Ethernet wires
strung all over the place; or b.) to use both computers in the same
basic location, wireless is the way to go. You can pick up a WiFi
(wireless) PC card for your Wallstreet in the $30 - $60 range. I
personally prefer a Mac-compatible brand, but lots of users are using
different brands.

Of course, your wireless router will be more expensive than a wired
router, but the roaming capability is well worth the extra cost IMHO.
Not only is wireless the wave of  the future, but also you will
currently be able to use your computer to log on to the "Net at
places like Starbucks, libraries, college campuses, Barns & Noble and
airports etc (though usually for a daily fee); even at other friends
who have a WiFi setup.

> >Also  No USB ports.  How do I add functioning USB ports?
>
>Well, you can add USB ports to a Wallstreet with a PCMCIA card; there are
>several makes out there.... But if your router has the ability to use RJ-45
>ethernet cables, there would be no need, for cable modem access, at least.

Maybe the OP wants USB for a printer or printer-sharing. Or a USB
mouse or keyboard. There are lots of reasons to want USB.

Go for it. Your Wallstreet will serve you well if you get the right
kind of add-ons.

Good Luck,

Bob