On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Eugene, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

You can get a better drive:
http://www.wegenermedia.com/pismosuperd.htm
: When I called A/C about the fact that they neglected to do anything last : fall about it I was told that since the A/C was over, I was SOL but for : $379 they would check it and repair/replace whatever was wrong..
: System profiler info:
: Model  LG DVD-ROM DRN-80808
: Revision:  LA 88
: Serial #  2000/06/19

See above, cheaper too!
But as far as I recall, the problem is that if one get another brand one
also have to find a new drive bezel (the door plastics) or run without.
Possibly one could remake the old, but I wouldn't bet on it.
In my case, we got a new LQ from Wegenermedia.

In my case, I got a replacement LG drive from Wegenermedia. I can recommend it and them. The first one sent to me was faulty. Dave was great to work with, sent me another to try the day I called him and kept me updated with emails. Now I have a working CD/DVD drive for a lot less than anyplace else I found. There are CD burner and other upgrades available but if you just need the same drive (but one that works, and keeps the same outer cosmetics) this is a great way to go.

Dan-