On Jun 8, 2004, at 2:51 PM, Andrew F. wrote:

Myh X.3.4 udates went perfectly (1GHz 12" PB, 400MZ Sawtooth) by doing
something similar. I booted from the Panther CD and ran disk first aid for
both errors (none) and to correct permissions, then just used Software
Update which worked without a hitch.

Andrew

All the advice I've read indicates NOT to do repair permissions from the CD, but from the Disk Utility on your hard drive. Then run Disk First Aid while booted from the CD. Errors can be introduced by trying to repair permissions from the (usually) older version on the CD.

Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
        CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
        Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
           <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * 877-507-9562