The National Enquirer reports at 10:44 PM -0400 6/9/04, Laurent
Daudelin wrote:

>on 09/06/04 22:13, Bob at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > The National Enquirer reports at 7:17 AM -0400 6/9/04,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >> I am a Wallstreet expert of sorts, and I know the fan is always
> >> going in that G3
> >
> > Maybe, but the one on my Wallstreet II **never** comes on though it
> > used to. I have upped the RAM, installed a 30GB HDD and doubled the
> > cache speed. All of which added to the heat inside the unit. All I
> > did was use a CoolPad and set up a small desk fan to direct air under
> > the unit from the back.
> >
> > BTW the inside temperature here can run as high as 85-88 degrees F.
> >
> > Bob
> >

>Never heard the fan either in the Wallstreet II I used for some time.

I honestly hate to get into these types of discussions (that and
those about what temperature a PB should normally be), because there
are soooo many variables that can affect how hot a unit runs.

- how much RAM
- how big the HDD is
- the cache speed
- the ambient temperature
- how is the air-flow under the unit
- is the internal modem in use
- how much HDD access is occurring
- some applications make the computer run hotter than others
- etc.

The only reason I jumped into this discussion was the statement that
COCCORP's WS fan was **always** on. That's the antithesis of my
experience; and apparently yours too.

Bob