Christopher, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Is there a more specific problem that causes this? Like bad memory?
Yes, bad memory and badly seated memory also. Or any kind of early Boot
sequence error, like for instance ROM errors.
I think there can be a number of reasons. I don't think Apple intended
the broken glass to mean anything more specific than "a fundamental error
occured" (possibly hardware related). I'm sure there is info somewhere on
the signification of this sound, but I don't recall as it have been so
long since I had such a problem. Last time was with badly seated RAM/CPU
and stuff like that.