Mikael Byström wrote:

I had a premier showing of a DVD on my Powerbook G4/400 yesterday and to
my surprise the drive was very noisy, like the disc was clearly hitting
the top of the top case or something. Putting a book under the machine
very carefully and moving it a bit to the left did the trick. The actual
movie play was spotless.
CD's doesn't have this problem at all. Could it be that DVD discs are
thicker or more prone to getting bent or what could it be? Can I adjust
my case somewhat to avoid this problem in the future? How?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Wonder if you have an LG drive in it? If it's under A/C I would call about it asap...I had similar sysmpoms with my Pismo 400 LG drive...
Regards,
Mike K