On Jun 9, 2004, at 7:16 AM, Peter Polshek wrote:

Hello all. We need a firewire hard-drive for backup and extra storage. Which is the manufacturer of choice in terms of reliability or is it all the same?

I have had very good experiences with LaCie. I am currently using a D2 200 GB Firewire 800 drive and am very pleased with it. Plug the Firewire cable into my AlBook and the drive turns on and mounts. Unmount, and it shuts off. And VERY fast!

Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
        CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
        Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
           <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * 877-507-9562