From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael=20Bystr=F6m?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Wallstreet Questions -Firewire
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:26:22 +0200

Jeff, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

I have a IBM brand, purchased from OWC a couple of years ago. Came with
6- and 4-pin cables that have flat connectors to the PC card. Worked in
my Wallstreet in both OS9 and OSX and I still use it with my TiBook.

Do you consider it faster than the builtin FW bus? Early TiBooks being famous for having slow FW. Or perhaps you have a later incarnation?

It's twice as fast as the built-in. I have a 500mhz model. A while ago I posted speeds, here they are again - copying a 4.11GB iMovie project folder to a 7200rpm FW drive:

TiBook 500 (internal)  16:08
TiBook 500 (PC card)  6:24
Lombard 333 (PC card) 7:15
Pismo 500 (internal) 6:56

As a last reference, my iMac 800 did the files in 2:37.

---
JSH
TiBook