on 14/06/04 22:36, Tom at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've replaced the stock 6 Gb drive in my just-given-to-me-by-my-sister
> (nice sister, eh?) Pismo with a Hitachi 40 Gb 5400 rpm drive. There's a
> very slight constant vibration that I never experienced before the
> switch, or with my Lombard. Is the vibration normal for a faster drive,
> or did I mount it improperly? It seemed like a very simple switch, and
> no, I don't have any parts left over.

I went from a 20GB 4200rpm Travelstar to a 40GB 5400rpm Travelstar and never
experienced any vibration. It might not have been mounted properly.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.