ooooOOONCE aGain, Apple has expanded the iBook Repair Program, so all you
wussies who dissed me for inSISting that Apple FURTHER expand the program,
shut the * up and get your fizzling zapping poppin hunk of lucite and cheap
butt first gen silicon into the hands of our man Jobs and have it REBORN as
the 4th Gen iceBook it was always meant to BE!

FROM MACCENTRAL:
"Apple again expands iBook logic board repair program
By Peter Cohen [EMAIL PROTECTED]
June 21, 2004 10:45 am ET

Apple has, for the second time, expanded its coverage of its iBook Logic
Board Repair Extension Program. The program will correct certain defects on
iBooks manufactured between May 2001 and October 2003, and will reimburse
iBook owners for expenses incurred to correct eligible repairs out of
warranty as well.

The program was first introduced in January 2004, covering iBook laptops
built between May 2002 and April 2003. The repair program was then expanded
to cover additional machines made until October 2003 in April. This latest
change covers certain iBook models made as far back as May 2001 -- Apple's
Web site lists the affected models and their corresponding serial number
ranges, so make sure to check out the page to see if your system is
eligible.

The worldwide logic board repair program fixes issues on these models
related to scrambled or distorted video; the appearance of unexpected lines
on the screen; intermittent video images; video freeze; and starting up to a
blank screen. The cost of repair and shipping is covered by Apple, and users
who have already paid for an eligible repair can contact Apple to be
reimbursed -- Apple also indicated that is proactively contacting affected
customers who have given the company up-to-date contact information."

Now THAT is the Apple I know!