Thanks for your advice Bob. I will look into getting a hub. Now, to answer
your first question. On my PowerMac 7300/500, I use OS 9.1 most of the time.
When I share files with my G4 iBook, I will always be using OS 9.1

I have file sharing set on the PowerMac 7300/500, and was able to access all
the iBook files from the PM 7300.

I tried setting up the iBook for File Sharing, but must be missing something
somewhere. I need to be able to access files on the PM from the iBook too,
but could not see anything from the PM while on the iBook.

Another question: I have the router set up to the PowerMac 7300/500, and was
wondering, if I get a hub, can I have the PowerMac connected to the router,
and also have the PowerMac networked with my iBook at the same time, so I
don't need to continually disconnect the ethernet cable each time I was to
network? That would really be great if I could just leave the two computers
networked, and also have them both online at the same time through the
router.

Thanks again for your advice and assistance.

-- vjamacaddict
512Ke, SE, SE/30, Classic II, LC II, PB 540c, PM 7300/500, iBook G4
superdrive/bluetooth
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/VernAndrews/