On 7/2/04 2:37 PM, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Contextual menus predate Windows by quite a bit...
>
> Doesn't matter who did it first, fact is Windows had it as
> part of the OS before the Mac OS, and saying "oh, but they
> copied it first" kinda blows the Windoze stole the Mac OS
> argument, don't you think ?!

Not exactly...back in the early 90's I had the chance to visit Cupertino and
see what Apple was working on. I saw lots of things that didn't make their
way into a shipping OS for quite a while. I remember quite clearly coming
across a Finder feature that I didn't like at all and being told it was an
early implementation and had already been changed quite a bit in a more
recent build that wasn't ready for viewing yet. I also remember being told
it might see the light of day in the next version of the OS, a later
version, or not at all. When it was ready and not before then.

Since I believe 'innovation' and 'Microsoft' are as mutually exclusive as
'quality entertainment' and 'reality tv' I have no trouble believing that
Microsoft employees saw similar demonstrations or heard of them and got
features out the door faster than Apple did. Doing it first and doing it
right are two different things.