[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Any ideas?

You've done the usual total resetting like reset of NVRAM, PRAM reset and
also taking out the backup battery (if there is one) and leave it and
power cord out for 10 minutes or longer? If so, checking the boot sectors
with Disk Warrior or similar application and if no success, as have
already been suggested, a total reformat of the hard disc with error
checking would be the next logical step.

There could also be that RAM modules are to some extent non OS X
compatible. Perhaps you can test them on another machine with OS X
already running? Also, I'd install Panther from the beginning, not going
over Jaguar.