Pat,

I have a 900mHz G3 iBook and I love it. I was my "daily driver" until I got a great deal on a 1gHz TiBook. For most tasks, it's about 80-90% as fast as the TiBook and is much more portable. If I didn't have to use Virtual PC so much, I'd still be using the iBook every day. That's the only program I use daily that was just too slow on the iBook. I'm keeping it as my "back-up" and to use around the house as a spare.

I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but I've been nothing but thrilled with my iBooks. We still have a 600mHz and 900mhz in the house and both work flawlessly.

As usual, your mileage may vary. :-)

-Hal