On Jul 7, 2004, at 12:30 PM, G-Books wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:38:50 EDT
Subject: Re: ibook/dvd burning

Thanks Laurent - there was some info at xlr8yourmac about putting a file in
the user folder and it should recognize other external drives. I guess one
more question - does anyone have any recommendations for a good external dvd
burner (R & RW) that has experience working with idvd? I have had luck with
lacie external cd burners and hard drives - any of those work? or other
brands?
Thanks Linda

I think xlr8yourmac is the place for that information, too. iDVD and to a somewhat lesser extent the Mac OS is rather picky about what it will see and write to. You'll probably have to find out the specific drive mechanism that is in the external case to see if it will be supported.

---
JSH
TiBook