As far as I know the Powerbooks before the AlBooks (pismo, lombard andTiBook, not 12-inch or 17-inch) will boot 9, G3-based iBooks will, also non-FW800 Powermacs should.

I have heard of someone successfully getting a G4 iBook to book 9.2.2 as well, but haven't been able to try it myself.

Hope that helps.

-Hal