On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:15:24 -0700, MacAddictvja wrote:
> How do you optimize OSX 10.3.4? Or is there another function that does the
> same thing? What kind of procedure is there to keep OSX and the G4 iBook
> running smoothly and quickly?

Depends on what you mean by "optimize" and "quick"; generally the term
"optimize" is used to refer to the fragmented condition that hard
drives get in requiring defragmentation. Others may use this tern for
different conditions, but "defragging" is the usual reference. For this
operation there is Norton DiskDoctor/SpeedDisk, TechTool and Disk
Warrior (first that come to mind).

Apart from these, repairing permissions should be considered a regular
maintenance task. Disk Utility, included with OS X can repair
permissions. There are also some shareware items that do these tasks as
well as log rotation and other UNIX tasks through friendly UIs. Onyx,
MacJanitor and Cocktail are several available now.

HTH. I am sure others of the erstwhile list membership will have other
suggestions.

Bob