Back from work earlier this evening just to realize that the f... Linksys
router has been fried by the thunderstorms we had this afternoon when we
lost power.

Anyway, I configured my AirPort base station (Snow) to act as the router and
distribute my DSL connection among my PowerBook and my PowerMac which acts
as my web server.

As I had in my Linksys config, I did add a few entries in the access port
section of the AirPort admin, so that incoming requests on ports 80 and 8080
would be redirected to my PowerMac. I configured the PowerMac manually so
that I could specify an IP address that wouldn't change. The PowerMac works
fine and can access the internet.

However, from my PowerBook, I can't access my web site using the WAN IP
address that was attributed to my base station.

I thought that I could do it since the information in the "Port Mapping"
section specifically says:

"If you want to use a Web, AppleShare, FTP, or other server on the network,
you can specify private IP addresses to map to specific TCP/IP ports in this
window."

So, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's
own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple
could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill Gates '83