Is it a common experience that the early Powerbook G4s have some low
voltage current on the titanium surface, in some cases?
Some symptoms: When I'm on the phone and touch the titanium I get a earth
hum (or similar) in the phone, indicating I'm becoming a part of the
earth loop current or similar. When my son was touching the computer and
I put my hand on his shoulder I felt a strange sensation in my
fingertips, that I recognized to have felt at times when using my book.

I think this sensation can only be felt when operating from the wall
outlet and not on battery, but I'm not completely sure.

I haven't measured it with equipment yet, but I'm going too. I have felt
the same sensations, even more serious, on my friends Powerbook G4 550 (
I have a 400).

Is this a known problem with this range of models and are there any known
solutions? I have a "puck", but see no third pin for earth on there, so I
suppose it won't be different using a truly earthed wall outlet. Can I
earth the machine manually somehow or what can I do?