Jonathan, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Pictures maybe?

I tried that, but the parts are so small and my camera doesn't allow
closeups. It gets all fuzzy.

Anyway, I don't know what you could use the pictures for as everything
does look alright, except the last step, ie the latching doesn't happen,
so the little hook in the display, while it is drawn out by the magnet in
the bottom case, pop back again. If it hadn't, there would be no problem.
What would I need to photograph in order to make it easier to get the idea?

The problem is that the little hook doesn't want to stay in or that it
doesn't go far enough into the latch hole or perhaps that its 90° or so
motion is not completed. It does go down in the latch hole though, so I
certainly do not think bad hinges are related. I wish you would clarify
why you thought this would be the problem. Pushing lightly to affect how
the display is situated on top of the bottom case does not improve
anything and I see nothing being skewed horizontally when display is
closed. Of course the margins of error would be very small, but I'd
expect to be able to see it though.
Any suggestions what to look for?

Hmmm, I did look from the sides and the distance when closed, while
holding the latch in place by hand, between the display and the bottom
case is about 1mm both at the hinges and at the front of the left, but at
the right front there is a little tiny bit more distance. But before when
it latched this was also so, so this is nothing new. Also using a
straight object reveals that it's only the backside of the display that
is very mildly skewed, 1mm distance at the right end when the left is
held straight. The top front of the display though is perfectly straight
from side to sideo and so is the right side from top to bottom.
When I compare the left and right hinges, at the right one the display
seem to be a tiny bit closer to the case, this a little less of 1mm. But
I'm pretty sure this was also so before.
The hook in the display is also perfectly straight. It does feel a little
lose though. Maybe I need to replace it? Before I venture into that
project I'd need to be sure this was the problem.

I thought this was a know problem with known solution, but I haven't been
able to find anything at the usual web sites, even though I'm pretty sure
I read about it some years ago.

As before, any suggestions are welcome. But please try and explain what
you base it on, if you can.