I had installed a different hard drive in my Pismo 500, After I got it back together, it would not boot. So, I put back the old drive and it will boot with AC power but not on battery alone. I have two good batteries. Both show full charge on the battery - four lights and worked fine before I started mucking around in the Pismo's guts.
It does not recognize either battery when they are plugged in and it does not recognize the presence of an Airport card. The card is known good as working in my Sawtooth.
When it boots on AC, I get the message that the system clock is wrong and may cause problems. After I set the time everything seems to look fine except no Airport or batteries. It won't hold the time from one startup to the next if the AC is disconnected in between startups. The PRam battery shows 5-6 volts on my multimeter. I don't know what it should be. I tried zapping the pram while running on AC, but no change.
I used the pbfixit.com disassembly guide to take the Pismo down to it's major parts and back together again. I can get it to start booting from just a battery after everything is disconnected and reconnected, but it shuts down a couple of seconds after I get the silver apple screen in OS X. I have to pull the battery and briefly unplug the pram battery to get it to boot from the battery again.
What did I break?
--
Dan