First my setup (both Macs running 10.3.5)
********
B&W G3, Rev. 2
********
Dual-USB, 500MHz G3 12" iBook
********
AirPort Base Station M5757 (Graphite)
AirPort Card 8.2011
*******
Linksys BEFSR41 Router, v.3; firmware version 1.05.00
*******

    Downloaded and tried Wake550.  Instructions are:

> Wake550 allows you to wake a sleeping computer from over a LAN. Simply type
> the MAC Address into the dialog box labeled "Hardware Address". To find the
> MAC Address, use the "Network Utility" program found in the Utilities folder
> on the target machine, assuming it is running Mac OS X.

    On the G3 iBook, under Hardware address in Network Utility are three
interface choices:

    Ethernet Interface (en1), (fw0) and (en0).

    Each gives a different Hardware Address and the last two, (fw0) and
(en0) share, an IP Address which is different from (en1).

    Launch Wake550 and it asks for your Computer Name, Broadcast IP, and
Hardware Address.

    If I fill in the info from Network Utility's  (en0) setting, i.e.
Broadcast IP: 144.3.8.0 and Hardware Address 00:03:93:1b:f5:44, then click
on the Wake button, Wake's status bar reads "waking" for about five seconds
then reads "idle".  Check the iBook, which I put to sleep with the lid up
for this test, and the screen remains black and if I go to  Connect To
Server under "Go" in the desktop Menu Bar, it simply times out when I try to
connect to the G3 iBook.

    If I fill in the info from Network Utility's other two settings (en1) or
(fw0) when I click on the Wake button, I get the System "ding" sound and
nothing happens.

    The Preferences on the G3 iBook are set to "Wake for ethernet network
administrator access" or words close to that.

    Finally, when both machines are awake, there is no problem connecting
either way via Go/Connect to Server.

    Can anyone offer any guidance or advice?

    Many thanks,
    bob