Andrew, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> The
>utility copies the Mac OS ROM from your original CPU daughter card to
>your hard drive, then tweaks the OpenFirmware somehow (probably
>installs an OF script or something).  Anyway, after you've done that,
>install the upgrade.

If this is anything like the PowerLogix 500Mhz upgrade and the CPU board
comes from an existing machine, then there's no point running the
software as *it's not possible, with the 500Mhz card at least, to reflash
the CPU*. One is stuck with using the card with the same type of
motherboard as the CPU was flashed for. So if from a WS I series (233,
250, 299) or WS II or PDQ series (233, 266, 300 then it's only within the
series you can move the card and have it fully work.

The reason for this is that the ROM that is copied from the machine that
is used when initially flashing the card doesn't support the other
motherboards graphics card (and perhaps some other stuff) resulting in
total loss of both external and internal video, though the machine
probably will boot.
There have been some disagreement in earlier discussions if the 66Mhz
boards in the early 233(nocache) WS I's could be interchanged with the
66Mhz boards in the WS II's, but I don't think so as the graphics cards
are different (and so is most likely the ROM content).

The 466Mhz boards may of course be reflashable, even while the 500Mhz
ones are not and I don't think it hurts to run the software - which, by
the way, if same as in the 500Mhz ones will go trough the motions, but
the ROM of the card won't change - , but I think it's likely these 2
boards have the same limitations.

Please fill in if you know more.