At 3:16 AM -0700 8/28/04, Ronald A. Ali wrote:
Greetings,

Whe received our G3 Series Wallstreet about two months
ago.  For about 2 weeks all was fine with the battery,
then it regestered as completely discharged for about
two days, then, started charging again.  This
condition lasted for about four days, then we had to
keep it on the adapter to operate, and we have to
remove the battery completely in order to boot up the
G3.

I ordered a charge card, then, after about four more
days the PRAM battery started losing the date after
every power off.  I ordered and received a new PRAM
battery.

My question for the list is two-fold:
Firstly, should I wait for the charge card to arrive
before I replace the PRAM battery?  I'm thinking that
if I leave the G3 without any power at all for very
long, the new PRAM battery will die as well.

Definitely wait for the charge card. If you replace the battery now you just put the new battery at risk of being damaged.

Secondly, since the battery has been discharged for such a long time, is it advisable to attempt to recharge the main battery while it is in the G#, or should I get a separate charger to revive the main battery?

If you have a separate charger then it's probably best to use it.

-- Clark Martin Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting