From: Clyde Kahrl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:43:35 -0400

Tom Wrote: Way off topic, anyone use USB wireless dongles with OSX? I have a
linksys USB that works ok on the PC, is identified in the profiler on
OSX, but does not appear in the Network panel. Is this a dead end?

A: I have heard some people say they work OK when you have no card slot,--like Will above who has an iBook--but I would always look for an ethernet dongle (do they make them for laptops?) before a USB dongle. You are supposed to network through your ethernet port--not your USB port

So let me see if I got this right? You want people to use something that doesn't exist (as far as I've been able to tell) because the only product that works isn't the right way to it ;-)
Sorry couldn't let that just fly by...
There is in fact Ethernet wireless bridges which someone will be bound to point out. They may work but they aren't all that small and need a wall plug. Really great for the old Powerbook on the go ;-) Will S