I just wiped a white iBook hard drive clean and installed 10.3, along with the combo updater to 10.3.5 and all the software updates it recommended. I downloaded the newest version of iTunes from Apple and installed it - I get the license agreement but when I click Accept then I get a message saying that it is in a write-protected folder and I don't have permissions. So I figured I would run Disk Utility to repair permissions, and on the very bottom it lists S.M.A.R.T. status as failing. Is my drive bad? And are these different problems? It appears to be the original 20GB that was shipped with this computer.

---
JSH
TiBook