My Wallstreet is now about 5 years old and the original battery is
dead. Also I believe the PRAM or Clock battery is dead. So no
'mobility' and no correct date. (I've done all the reset business in
Open Firmware etc. and no cigar.)

I was thinking of replacing the PRAM battery but the least expensive
New ones are around $45+ each and I'm thinking -there's got to be a
cheaper fix. (I've seen the $24 and $30 ones on ebay.. but they've been
pulled from "working" Wallstreets and how long do you think they're
going to last!?)

I almost never need it away from AC power and with the main battery out
I'm thinking ..Hmmm.. here's an empty bay/space and that maybe some
other type of 6v battery (PRAM or otherwise) would substitute (and
could also be made much easier to get to).

So there is the dilemma and the challenge. I'd appreciate hearing any
suggestions or comments.

Thanks...
Bill Davis
Nashville ---
Also.. out of curiosity I opened the main battery pack and find that
there are 12 Panasonic (CGR1760HC) Li-ion batteries soldered together..
and could be replaced for about $7.50 ea.  ...IF ya wanted to go to the
trouble.