...my special thanks to the helpful gent who accused me of stupidity: "Oh I am sorry that is for the 4X UJ-825 you want the slower UJ-815
which is $15 more from the same source." I'm looking for a solution to my problem, not necessarily a UJ-815, and certainly not a critique of my intelligence.

As for "Yes Check out ESbuy they offer the Matshita drive for $170, and then find some one like me to put it in for you if you don't want to do it your self." Thanks for the link to esbuy, but no thanks on your offer of assistance -- I believe that attitudes are reflected in workmanship, and yours hardly inspires confidence

Bart Brown