Up until recently, I've just been putting my TiBook to sleep, but now I have CCC doing a backup at 2 o'clock in the morning, so it's on all night.

I guess the longest time it's ever been switched off in the near 3 years that I've had it, is when it went back to Apple to have its hard drive replaced under Applecare. They not only did the hard drive, but replaced the chassis, which had the traditional Ti-acne, new rubber feet and those rubber thingies that unsuccessfully try stop the screen touching the keyboard. It's gorgeous - like new now. Anyone who's bought a Powerbook within the last year and hasn't got Applecare, get it quick!

Stephen.