I seem to lack the proper manual, but isn't it odd that a place like
Wegenermedia only want to sell the backup battery for the Powerbook
G4 667 DVI only with the PMU board? Are they fused as one item physically
or it just an Apple repair/spare part thing?

Would it be feasible to get just the right batteries off the shelf and
replace those in the 667 DVI? I tried to find the battery source someone
tipped us off to some time ago, but I couldn't find it as I don't
remember the name. If you do, please send it my way.