Regarding the recent discussion about the latest Pismo firmware, I just
noticed from the System Profile on my Powerbook Firewire/400 (Pismo)
that I have Boot ROM Version 3.2.7f2.

  Machine Model:        PowerBook
  CPU Type:     PowerPC 750  (83.2)
  Number Of CPUs:       1
  CPU Speed:    400 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):   1 MB
  Memory:       512 MB
  Bus Speed:    100 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:     3.2.7f2
  Serial Number:
  Sales Order Number:

I remember (I think) updating to Boot ROM Version 4.1.8f5 ages ago
but the processor module (661-2386, P3589) was replaced under AppleCare
a few months back after I had frequent problems booting up (bad processor I think).
I assume the Apple tech must have replaced the whole processor board
and I guess it includes the processor board ROM.

So perhaps the new board only has a processor board ROM with an older
version of the firmware (3.2.7f2). I seem to recall there was a reason
for the 4.1.8f5 update but I forgot that reason (accessing Firewire drives?).

Should I update the firmware to the latest version for the Pismo
(4.1.8f5 I think or later?)? (I'm thinking I should).

Other related trivia:
1. The new board no longer has my Serial Number or Sales Order Number
reporting via System Profiler.
2. The temperature sensor (using the TAU on the PowerPC 750)
seemed to be more inaccurate (unusually high)
until OS X 10.3.5 disabled that functionality entirely.

Thanks for suggestions,
Harry.