On 28/09/04 15:59, "Roger Shufflebottom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 9:43 am -0500 28/9/04, Dan Palka wrote:
>> You're right.  Adobe InDesign IS the most terrible Quark Xpress
>> wannabe ever crafted by human hands.
>
> Hmm - depends where you start from. I had to buy a DTP program a
> couple of years ago and as a regular user of other Adobe products I
> went for InDesign as part of the bundle with Photoshop, Illustrator
> and Acrobat. I was unlikely to pay the price for Quark! I grew up on
> Ventura Publisher (a long time back) followed by Impression on an
> Acorn A5000 (now, that WAS a killer application). ID is good for me.

Ventura Publisher! That brings back a lot of memories! Back in the days when
PageMaker was the king of DP. PC users struggling and trying to use Ventura
Publisher as a replacement for PageMaker, boasting they could do in Ventura
Publisher everything you could do in PageMaker. Of course, in reality, VP
was far from offering the flexibility and quality of PageMaker on a Mac
printed on a LaserWriter...

-Laurent.