On 30/09/04 14:36, "Claire Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip!]
> Also, I've never heard of Kingmax memory.  Again, I'm not a techie.
> Four years ago everyone was saying how great Crucial was, so I ordered
> from them, popped the RAM into my iMac, and never ever had a problem.
> But I don't see the name "Kingmax" floating around on this list.  I'm
> leery of loosing $400 on some technicality that they might not restock
> some RAM because I ordered the wrong one, but I'm also concerned about
> messing up my PB because I put the wrong RAM in it.

Kingmax has been around for quite a few years. They have a good reputation
of offering quality memory, not the cheap "no-name" memory that will fail
its own specs one of 2 times...

In any case, that's what is in my PowerBook 17 on which I'm typing this now.
I  had it for a couple of weeks, using my PowerBook 10-12 hours a day easily
and never had any problems, lockups or freezes.

Trust me, Claire!

-Laurent.