I think that the card Bruce was talking about was thought to replace an
AirPort Extreme card, not the older regular AirPort card...

-Laurent

Lots of people have made that same assumption. It is incorrect.

The PCWA-C150(S) is an 802.11b WaveLAN Gold-based PC Card. Actually, it's the internal variant of that card with an antenna tacked onto it. It and the original AirPort card are very similar (except that the AirPort card seems to be keyed for CardBus and isn't recognized in external CardBus slots like the Sony card or in PCMCIA slots when the keying is modified whereas the PCWA-C150(S) is a true 16-bit PC Card).

Read that forum thread for more info.  Seriously.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>