On Mon, Oct 4, 2004 at 11:38 am -0400, BobGir wrote:

>> I have used Macjanitor since OS 10.1. Now I'm on OS 10.3, it takes a
>> fraction of a second to 'complete' all 3 tasks. Does this mean that
>> OS 10.3 does not need these scripts to be run or is Macjanitor not
>> working properly? I have v1.2.1.
>
>    Wow!  If you are not exaggerating, I am impressed!!
>
>    I have a Dual-USB G3 500MHz iBook.  Last time I ran MacJanitor was about
>10 days ago when I backed up.
>
>    I just ran all tasks with a stopwatch.  Took me 1 minute, 47 seconds.
>
>    I've never had it take less than a full minute for MacJanitor to
>complete all tasks.
>
>    Is everyone else running MacJanitor in under a minute???

I'd guess - and that's all it is :) -  that /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
isn't created unless you (or some program) explicitly do(es) so, and if
it doesn't exist, the 'weekly' script will just skip updating locate.
That's the one that takes the time - I just ran MacJ here and the whole
thing took just under 5m (pismo/500), of which about 4m 20s was updating
locate.

TimH