chances are the dc power adapter card plug is broken or lifted off a solder point (if you can juggle the the plug on the pismo-its probably that) ebay $60-$80 (don't get the lombard version not compatible) + i hour max light technical skills (or $300+ at a certified apple service center) another solution is once you have the power board off, you should be able to tell if it is repairable with a bit of solder or just burned out . its usually from grabbing/using the laptop while the power cable is on, also make sure your yoyo is not shortening out at the plug. otherwise personally on my pismo i've replaced it twice. you can easily find tear apart instructions google it. as far as the battery it might be toasted, try http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60655 - never used it , also there is a battery utility http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12649 . if you have to buy a new battery stay away from bti they sux - won't hold a decent charge after a couple of weeks. i heard good things with http://www.newertech.com/newer_bats.html. good luck!

rama.