On Oct 3, 2004, at 2:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I suspect something's wrong with the reader. I've never found one yet that needed a driver in OS X.

Wow have you lucked out, Bruce! :)

Well, all I can report is what I know, and no one here has had any problems with them. The one I have at work is just called "Pocket Reader Model CR-T3-U2B Made in Taiwan" ;-)

Any ideas how to make a HD in a IDE->USB box mount on Panther? The drive came from a PB G3 (OS 9.2.2; Jaguar). It mounts right up on another PB and an iMac - both in OS 9. But won't mount at all in OS X 10.1.5 or Panther.

I have one that's mildly problematic, it works when plugged into my powered USB hub at home, and if plugged directly into the back of my G4 at work but NOT when plugged into my (allegedly) powered USB hub plugged into the same port. It works with an identical USB hub (a belkin) on another G4, so I don't think it's the USB case; I suspect my hub is bad, not providing enough current.

I have another one that I got a long time ago from Computer Geeks that works on some Macs and not others, and have given up on it. I don't think it ever worked in OS X, OS 9 required drivers.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona