The best thing to do would be to bring it to an Apple Store if you have one
near you or to an authorized service provider. The LCD is brighten by a
light, basically, so it is possible that something is developing with the
backlight.

The "problem" is that it's not exactly dark or unreadable. (*) Wouldn't they just look at it and say "it looks perfectly okay for us?" Should I maybe wait a little bit more to see if it goes worse?

In a semi-related issue: how are iMac G4 17" displays compared to PowerBook G4 15" displays? I put my notebook next to the said iMac about two weeks ago and it also look much darker... Then I thought that, well, desktops probably have better LCDs. Now I'm not so sure.

Marcin Wichary
e:\> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary >> Attached
w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary/GUIdebook >> Graphical User Interface gallery