At 10:54 PM -0400 10/26/2004, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
on 26/10/04 22:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > Why is it so hard to make Macs work in the real world?

Well, Dan, it depends. For me, my Macs work fine in the real world. I've
never had to read any UDF CD since I've been using Macs, which is back in
1985. So, I don't miss them really.

Check out the UDF specs -- its the underlying format for DVD Video discs.

Apple's failure to support UDF 2.0.1 turns out to be why some new commercial DVD movies won't play on Macs.

- Dan.