At 12:59 PM -0400 10/27/04, Herbert Goodfriend wrote:
Unless someone proves me wrong, I'm almost positive that the
Option-boot will *not* work on the Wallstreet. Another one of the
quirks of venerable Wallstreet.

"Option-boot" (aka Startup Manager) is available only on machines with Open Firmware. I believe that the first Power Book to be so equipped was the Pismo.

Option-boot is, I think, only available on New World Macs (which would include the Lombard PB). It just checked and my PB3400c has OF 2.0.1. AFAIK OF is in all PCI based machines, ie PB3400, PM 7200, Performa / PM 5400 and later models. The Wallstreet has OF but is not New World so it doesn't do Option-boot.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA