On Oct 27, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Harry D.Corsover wrote:

Thanks, Timothy. You must be a lot better at Googling than I am. I've spent way more than 3 minutes and I'm still in the dark.

Why can't the fix just be posted here?

I thought that the purpose was to ask folks to do a little homework before they posted. I'm guessing that putting the error message into Google would have resulted in an answer.

However, by taking what little information you gave from your post, I trusted that you were being truthful that you had a site license, you were using office x, and you received an error. That led me to put these keywords into Google:

        site:microsoft.com office x error site license

The very first hit was this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=312232&product=ent2001

Reading that, I now assume that the error message you received was:

"This installation of Microsoft Office X exceeds the number of installations permitted by the license agreement"

putting that into Google also resulted in the same first link to Microsoft, even without putting " around it or limiting to site:microsoft.com

which would have given you an answer much more quickly than posting here.

TjL