Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:08:31 -0400
From: K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Replacement DVD Drive for Pismo

Check the system profiler and see if it is an LG drive...I had one in
this Pismo and one day back in July, it suddenly stopped mounting DVD's
but did mount CD's...

My Pismo was the one with LG drive, it bit the dust slowly, first stopped reading DVDs, then a while later stopped reading CDs as well.

I replaced it with a Sony CD/DVD drive that also burns CDs for less money than it would have cost to replace it with another Apple CD/DVD read only drive. It fit in the old tray for the LG, granted the faceplate doesn't fit, but everything else works fine.

Seth