on 02/11/04 06:51, Francesco sciacca at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Laurent:
>> Unless you have a spare ribbon cable, I'm afraid you'll need to pretty
>> much disassemble the assembly display in order to test the new one you
>> got.
>
> I'm confused on this one. What cable you refer to? The display assembly
> has all the cables it needs, so I should just be able to plug the so-
> called "data" cable to the logic board (left side, is this the ribbon
> cable you refer to?) and the backlight cable  to the inverter on the right
> side. What I'm afraid of is that for some obscure effect, a bad inverter
> could blow the CCFL lamp and I'm back at the beginning, only with 500 EUR
> less in the pocket!!

Oups! Sorry about that. I was probably tired when I read your email. If you
bought the display assembly, then there is no need, of course, to
disassemble the defective one.

As somebody else pointed out, I don't think that a bad inverter could blow
the lamp. But I'm no technician.

Kyle, where are you when we need you ????  ;-)

Send an email to Kyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. He's the other G-Books nanny.
Just send him a short, polite email. He's an experienced Mac technician so
it should take him just a few seconds to tell you whether this is a good
move or a bad move...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.