It means that the control panel can't connect to the internet to do a time
check. If you can use Netscape and/or check your email then Open Transport
is working properly. Or possibly you're dialing up through AOL or the like
and therefore bypassing Open Transport.

You may have to connect to the internet manually or automatically by
launching your browser or email application first. Once you're connected
then launch your date/time control panel and do a time check.

John

--
DOS Computers, manufactured by millions of companies, are by far the most
popular, with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on