Larry le Mac said:

>FileMaker II (1989) and I installed
>FileMaker 5.5 and it won't run, i.e. the file cannot be
>opened in FM5.5.
Didn't you google? <http://www.filemaker.com/ti/104814.html>
Also, this is quite offtopic here and you are more likely to get more
useful responses at newsgroup comp.databases.filemaker if your friends
problems continue.

>What is the latest version that would be able to run the
>file that would still be suitable for 9.2.2 (as FileMaker II
>just crashes).
If it crashes on the DB it was written for it must be corrupt or have the
wrong settings or something like that.

m.

"I've been using FileMaker for years (even having passed FileMaker's
partner level developer exam) and realize that the (Filemaker) paradigm
requires you to pull off a lot of little funny unknown and poorly
documented tricks to accomplish what are normally straight forward
programming techniques."
--
Mariano Peterson, 3 Sep. 2003 i diskussionsgrupppen "comp.databases.filemaker"