> Your PRAM settings are corrupted, so it's trying to book in OS X. Try
> zapping the PRAM by holding down Cmd-Opt-P-R until you hear the startup
> chime a few times. Then, perform a reset via the Ctrl-Fn-Power
> combination. Hold down the Option key, this will hopefully force it to
> boot using OS 9. Once it's started up, wipe all traces of your OS X
> installation, and re-install if necessary.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
> On 21 Nov 2004, at 13:04, Katherine Zysk wrote:
Ok my last question,

I replaced the DC card last week, just before this happened, the plug coming
out of the computer was loose and I had to lift it to get power to the
computer.

I am thinking that maybe the power card, the one that sits under the touch
pad and the batteries and CD Rom drive plug into through the drive bays may
be bad.

The batteries are not charging and the CD Rom is not spinning up,(the zip
and floppy drives do work)

If this card is bad would that at least cause some of the problems?

Kathiz