On Nov 22, 2004, at 2:50 PM, michael Vogt wrote:

Has any ever just use Carbon Copy Cloner to take all there stuff from G3 iBook To G4 iBook
that is what I was going to do with my new iBook but then I got to thinking was there any thing in the Mac OS just for the G3 and wont be there for the G4
Michael & Sharon Vogt <><

I have done this successfully with G4 -> G5 towers.

If this is a brand new G4 iBook, it will ask if you want to copy over your files and settings from the old one, if it supports firewire.

You may lack some apps, for example, dvd player is not installed if there is no dvd drive.

Belts&suspenders method: CCC old system to new system, then do an immediate Archive&Re-install of the system. That keeps all your old data and installs a fresh system with everything your current hardware supports.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona